Kamis, 05 Januari 2012

Man Cave: The Ultimate Setup

What is the ultimate Man Cave setup? How can you achieve the ultimate setup?
The whole Man Cave design revolves around the TV, specifically the large flat screen TV. What I want to do is describe the best TV setup for watching all your favorite sporting events. What I am about to describe has been knocking around my head for years. The other day I discovered the best format or setup for what I call "The Ultimate Man Cave Setup."
The Ultimate Man Cave Setup
If I came to you with this design 10 years ago you would have thought I was crazy. The main part of the design would have been cost prohibitive for most men or families.
The design is built around one of my favorite local sports bar setups. The best sports bars have either 5 or 6 big screen TV or projectors displaying games on large screens around the bar. A bar setup was never possible for a Man Cave in the past because large projection screen TVs simply took up too much space and cost over $2,000 a piece.
Today a sports bar type design is possible for any man with good size basement. Allow me to give you the design I saw at my local sports bar, which you can easily duplicate.
The sports bar had five 60" flat screen TVs lined up along the wall on a built in ledge. The ledge had enough space to hold the TVs, but still looked like it was part of the wall.
Smaller Sports Bar
Now I realize we cannot put up 5 flat screens in our Man Cave because there is not enough space. However, three flat screen TVs would fit very nicely on a 20 foot long wall in your basement. Imagine for a minute watching three NFL games at once. All your buddies are over at your place since you have the ultimate setup.
This ultimate Man Cave setup is sort of like when you were a kid growing up and going over to your friend's house who had all the cool toys. Today it is not the "cool toys," but the cool TV setup that will bring all your friends over.
We are in the peak of March Madness as I am writing this article. Having the capability to watch three games at once is priceless. Having to flip back and forth to other games is frustrating. How many times have you had to choose between two really close games at once?
Which one do you choose?
With the "Ultimate Man Cave" setup you can watch both of the games at the same time.
The Cost the Ultimate Man Cave
Here is the best part of this setup. The cost is dramatically lower than 10 year ago. Today, thanks to Walmart, Best Buy, Target and Amazon competing against each other we can buy a 40" to 50" flat screen for around $300 to $1,200 a piece. The price you pay depends on the name brand you purchase and the size of the screen. Depending on the size of your basement or room you probably can use three 40" flat screen TVs.
Here is one design tip you must follow: You must buy three TVs that are the exact same model and size. Buying three different models is not wise since they may not have the same clarity or color

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar